Seana Day brings a diverse background in agriculture, finance, and technology to the agtech sector where she is a Partner at Better Food Ventures. Seana also tracks nearly 1,500 agtech companies in her Market Maps through her role as Partner at The Mixing Bowl.
Seana's background gives her a unique and valuable perspective on the evolution of the agtech sector, and what the future holds. In this episode, we discuss:
- how more and more growers are adopting a digital strategy, and what it means for agtech entrepreneurs and investors
- whether the specialty crop market is behind or ahead in terms of tech adoption, and why
- silicon valley vs. agtech ecosystems around the world
- the fundamentals that agtech VCs look for when making investments, and when VC might not be a good fit
- what it's like to be raising a $30M venture capital fund for agtech
- what farmers are looking for (and not) in the livestock and dairy sectors
As always, if you like what you hear on this podcast, please leave us a review on iTunes and share with your friends and colleagues.