Nathan Dorn has seen all aspects of the agriculture supply chain, from commodity farming in the Nebraska where he grew up, to corporate agribusiness, to agtech entrepreneurship in California. He’s committed to using technology to add value to the industry through consulting and with his startup, Food Origins.
In this episode we discuss:
- A step by step walk through of how agribusinesses procure technology solutions
- Just how critical it is to do customer discovery and really understand the problem you’re trying to solve
- How ag has and hasn’t changed over the last 100 years
- A deep dive on the labor challenges in specialty crops, and what Nathan’s company Food Origins is doing to help
- The realities and challenges of raising capital in agtech
- Why everyone wants a robot, and just how far away commercially viable robotic solutions are for agriculture