Trent Loos is a 6th generation rancher from Nebraska. One day 20 years ago, he got fed up with consumers not knowing where their food comes from so he started a radio program to close this gap. Now he has over 4 million radio listeners all over the world on his programs Rural Route and Loos Tales.
In this episode we discuss:
- Rural urban divide and tips for how to close the gap (honesty is the best policy, even with potentially touchy subjects!)
- Why Trent doesn’t farm organic, and how he does farm
- The tech Trent is using on his farm and his challenges with ear tags for pigs
- Who’s getting saturated with tech options in livestock and who’s not
- Why Sarah asks all the questions and what Simon and Trent know about chicken wings and the NFL ;)
- Ag social media and the internet: what’s working and where farmers are getting information these days
- The best “small world” story I’ve ever heard (featuring a bull named Woof’s Choice)
- The importance of resilience in farming and entrepreneurship
Use the link below to listen...and if you like what you hear, please share!